Saturday, January 1, 2011

A secret shawl

This one is called "Brangian" and it was a secret little scarf for my SIL, Esther. Used some very nice Wired for Fibre: Olivia in one of the blues. Actually, two of the blues... I ran out of the slightly darker color and used a tiny skein of lighter blue to do the picot edge, as you can see.
.
I prefer to call it Christmas Frosting.



Was about a meter wide when I finished it, but it blocked out to about 150cm. I love blocking!
.
I didn't do the complete pattern. I did the Medium stocking stitch section, two "chart one"s and a little bit of chart two (the little circles that don't line up). The last row has about 400 stitches, and there are two errors that I know of ;)





Finished on the 21st, a bit too late to post to Sydney (as Esther's family went camping before Christmas) and then, on the New Year's Eve/ Christmas party I forgot to take it! Sigh. So we took it today, and now, after many months, I can finally mention in on the blog!
.
I think I started it in May!
.
ALSO my yarn diet ends in December. I managed to lose 1.2 kilos of stash these last 6m, from 18.4kg at the end of June, to 17.2 now.
End of November 17.4
minus
108 -Brangian
27 from November
60 cinders
110g Kris Kringle
105 casbah socks
=410

Plus
200g Handspun Kris Kringle yarn
=210g off.=17.2kg
I didn't end up giving away a kilo, because Webs still haven't got my order ready. I ordered what the website said was available, but as soon as I'd paid I got an email saying one was "backordered". Subsequent email inquiry after 3 weeks found that their supplier was closed until the New Year. So perhaps I shall get it soon!

Goal for next year. 6 pairs of socks, 3 kids' jumpers and some bigger things.











5 comments:

kelgell said...

Ah you did bring it yesterday. I thought about it when I got home yesterday. Would have loved to see her reaction.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous shawl, and congrats on the yarn diet! does that mean you can put it back on now?!

Alrischa said...

YES!

SinΓ©ad said...

Gorgeous shawl, just gorgeous.

Karin said...

Lovely shawl. It's beautiful.

Locations of visitors to this page