Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where's the knitting?

Nathan's been having fun in the shed, whipping me up this little gadget...


Home-made Lazy Kate. Works very well! I whipped up this...


Though I didn't much like how the colors turned out. It's a 2-ply of the 40g of multicolored wool I dyed the other day. The colors mixed a bit, and it turned out a bit too red and green. Think I like how two more-blendable colors come out better. Like this one...


It would have made a better two-ply, because it's as thick as a rope, but I had to properly test out the Lazy Kate. This is about 100g.

And now I'm onto this one, trying to keep it thin.


Sorry about the lack of knitting... I'm starting the Twilight books again Ü




3 comments:

kelgell said...

what a wonderful husband you have!! He's very useful. He he. I'll have to come check out your lazy kate as I'm not quite sure how it works or quite what it does. And I want a better inspection of your homespun yarn! The orange/red one will look good. The multicolour one could actually knit up quite interestingly or be good in a mix of other colours knitted together.

Alrischa said...

You put your "singles" on the bobbins (a bit on each) and then pull them off simultaneously as you twist them together. I'm twisting them with my hand spindle.

I wonder if it would be reasonable to buy the Twilight books on itunes so I could listen to them WHILE I spin or knit... Double my... erm... "productivity". hehe.

Tara said...

Hah! I just finished my second read-through of the Twilight books. Can't WAIT for the next movie!

Locations of visitors to this page