Thursday, April 16, 2009

Motorbike chick

I chose to make the size 2 Bunnyhop, but there are only 448 stitches in the bottom edge, not over 530, like I said yesterday. As any scientist will tell you, the rules of math are twisted in the early hours of the morning.

Some luxury yarn:

The pink is DK alpaca and the blue is Fingering weight alpaca. Both very soft! But the sock yarn in the middle is my favorite. It looks grey, but it's many shades Ü. I bought the last two (haha). Mainly because it was called "Twilight". Also because it's 40% bamboo, 40% superwash wool and 20% nylon, and I wanted to see how it knitted up. It will be a little while until I get to it, of course.

A bit more Knitting Inspirations stuff. I didn't mean to get metal 10mm tips, but it will be interesting to see how they go. I like the Addi Turbos, so I'm sure it will be fine. A few cables and a few 2.5mm circs. I did Byron's jumper with Magic Loop (much easier than I thought) but I still prefer socks on two circulars. Easier to just chuck aside when Byron pushes Jasmine over or falls off the couch or something. More fold-up-able.
Here is another random non-knitting photo of my girl yesterday, when Uncle Matt came over on his bike. Byron (who loves motorbikes) wouldn't even touch it. hehe.

She started crawling last Friday, and loves her new mobile life. Maybe too much, by the look of that smile...



3 comments:

Sinéad said...

Look at that biker chick go! I bet you're run ragged now she's crawling... LOVE the alpaca yarn, the colours are gorgeous.

Tara said...

The Twilight yarn is my favourite colourway too. And with a name like that, how could you be expected to resist?

kelgell said...

Ha ha ha. Jasmine's gorgeous. And Telly was right! From now on she'll just master the crawling. Funny that Byron wouldn't touch the bike. He he.

Locations of visitors to this page