Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thankyou, enablers Ü

I don't think I've ever owned such pretty wool before. This photo is my new desktop background on my computer! hehe.


It's wool from www.wiredforfibre.com.au , and I'd like to take a moment to thank my enablers. Jack, for telling everyone about the sale, and the dear Prime Minister (for whom I did not even vote) for deciding that the economy would be helped if he gave people thousands of dollars and said, "go shopping".
I bought some wool Ü
Cashmerino fingering weight in reds. Named "Desire". 80% merino, 20% cashmere. Mmmmm. I gave Byron "a hold" and he wouldn't even put it down to do the actions to the Wiggles' "Hot potato"!!

Blue and purple. Sock yarn with nylon and merino. Colorway is "Opulent"

Superwash merino. More socks! Colorway: Waterlilies. Whatever this ends up being, it's mine!


Worsted weight "Tidal" superwash merino. I could have bought everything they had in blues and greens, because it was all so pretty. But I restrained myself and made myself look at other colors!



Only 50g of this. It's DK "Nirvana". It looks green and blue, but up close it looks like an oil slick. Very nice. Just enough for a hat, I think.
Oh, and some Addi turbo circulars. They are very nice!





7 comments:

Jack said...

My absolute pleasure!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

OMG - yarn envy in full swing!! Your wool is absolutely gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see what you knit up with it!

Sinéad said...

I love the Waterlillies colour, full of spring!

Tara said...

I saw the pictures on Ravelry this morning, and I thought "Wow! Tam's been busy!!!". Beautiful yarn, darling. Congrats on a great find!

Sam said...

I bought the waterlilies too! I have it perched on my desk so I can pat it and dream about what it will become!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Those are beautiful. I can't decide which one I like the best, they're all so lovely. Enjoy!

Karin said...

OHHHH! Such pretty yarn.

Karin

Locations of visitors to this page