Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Converts

I'm on the second sleeve of the pinwheel sweater, which is zooming along nicely. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed knitting on this project, probably because it's worsted weight with 5.5mm needles. lol. The best thing is that I'm doing these stitches with two circulars, and it's going so well! No ladders at all! I know that some people will not think this a great achievement (and of course it's not!) but now I have a heap of dpn's I'm not sure I'll use again, and a bunch of sizes that I don't have two circulars for....

I might have converted.

I also bought a great deal of wool on Friday Night. Friday Night is where I go out and my dear hubby stays home with the kids. At the moment, Jasmine and I go out, because she won't drink out of a bottle for love or money, but that's fine. It's kind of nice Ü. Anyway, instead of sitting down with the knitting I brought, I wandered through the yarn sections of the shopping center, finding bargains. Sigh. I bought 10 balls of a creamy colored Zhivago, 6 balls of "starshine", 3 of "vintage hues" and one plain black Patonyle sock yarn. Incurable. Sigh. But I have plans to cast on about 60 things as soon as the Pinwheel sweater is finished, so I'm going to need it, really...

I went out for tea with friends the other night, and took a tiny circular with a tiny (bookmark) sock on it (because it fits into my nappybag). To my surprise, my friend Telly pulled out a pretty strip of variegated pink garter stitch, and started knitting along with me! She said she has plans to become as fast as her gran (who does continental, unlike us, so I'm not sure if it's possible) and make a blanket for her girl, Zara. Yay... another knitter!

Well, it's after 7am, and the kids are still asleep!! Don't think I have much free time left today... better do a little knitting Ü

3 comments:

Sheknits said...

I would love to come live in Australia....some of my purses already leave there! Thank you for saying hello!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

Sounds like a GREAT yarn score! Your sweater must be amazing! I can't wait to see it completed!

Your hubby is a gem - Friday night out with the gals...oh, so envious! ;P

Tara said...

Of COURSE you needed that yarn. And besides, it was on sale!

Locations of visitors to this page