Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dumpling bag

The Cleckheaton Vintage Hues yarn I bought is a bit of a weird color mix. It's green and purple and yellow... I'm not sure I like it that much. But I decided to get some (especially on sale) to try felting with. So I'm making the Dumpling Bag from Interweave Knits (by She-knits). I've never done felting before, I'm using the wrong needles (don't have 9mm's so I'm using 6mm) and I don't know what weight of yarn I was supposed to use in the first place, but it's an experiment!


Anyway, it's simple so far (and I am entertained by how much it looks like a knitted bra at this stage!). I knit this much yesterday evening, and hope to finish it today, if the kids allow it. Then I'll see how small it gets in the wash!





It might end up being a bag for a little girl...


In any case, it's fun! I can see more of these in my future.

Oh, the pinwheel sweater has stalled. I accidentally got color 7 and 8 instead of two of the same. They're similar, but you can tell the difference on the sleeves, where one is half 8, and the other is all 7. I'm going to have to pull out a bit, and redo it after I get more number 8 on Friday. Grrr.

1 comment:

Tara said...

HAHAHA!!! You're right, it really does look like a bra!

Locations of visitors to this page